Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oldie But Goody - Pearl Jam

Band: Pearl Jam

Song: Black

Album: Ten (debut album in 1991)

So I just spent way too much time on Youtube looking for the best performance of this song, and trust me this is the best one you'll ever come across. 

Even if you don't care for Pearl Jam, fast-forward the song to about 4:00 and let it ride til around 4:30.  

The strength in Vedder's voice is just absurd.  Just think about how many ways he could’ve expressed those lyrics. I’m glad he picked this way, too.  

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life 

I know you'll be a star

In somebody else's sky

But why can't it be mine?

If you like this, check out:  Pearl Jam - Given to Fly

2 comments:

  1. this is my absolute favorite song of all time! i'm so glad someone agrees that this song is amazing! thank you for finding this video...i've been looking for one like this for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) he's one of my favorite voices ever. glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete