Monday, February 2, 2009

What's A Goon to a Goblin? No, really?

Apparently Lil Wayne is planning to release a rock album entitled Rebirth on April 7th of this year. I don't know about you but I've never been a fan of this guy. Besides the fact that he sounds like a dying goat stuck in a bubble machine, he knows he controls the masses and he knows anything he releases will be gobbled up. Clearly he has given up on a respectable career and has begun an experiment to see how far he can take you without breaking the leash.

Now some of you may call that "hating", and technically you're right, but let me justify myself. As a businessman, I think the guy is a genius. He started making millions as a teenager with a complete grasp on the mainstream music industry. He's taken advantage of his popularity by recording nonstop and getting featured on every third song that hits the radio. From an entrepreneurial perspective, what he's done should be respected..

..BUT..

..as an artist, he's absolute fucking bologna. He's gotten lost inside of his little world of senseless metaphors and has yet to find his way out. Luckily for him though, he doesn't need to because he's continued to make millions off teenage zombies who are totally content with listening to whatever's on the radio. I wouldn't hate on him if he didn't saturate the airwaves and shrink brains.

When will these turkeys (Wayne & Kanye, I'm looking at you) learn that they're no Andre 3000. You don't have a voice, the vocoder doesn't help, and its blatantly obvious you're not comfortable with your new style. Go back to what you know.

I dare you to listen to the latest song to be released from the upcoming album in the clip below, and check out more Goat songs here.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you Teddy. I can't stand this dude! He is ruining hip hop music.

    ReplyDelete